11/6/12

Cornbread

Because I say I can make cornbread, I thought I'd share my cornbread. 

Plus I just looked at what google searches are getting people to my page and one of them was, "cornbread like you would get on a…" 


On a What? A What??? And why are you coming here??? This is NOT a cooking blog!" I don't even know how to post a recipe so it looks like a recipe! Go see Buttercream Bakehouse, I bet she's got a good cornbread recipe! And she's got a bunch of other cute ideas too! Trust me! 


But if you really want mine too, here it is. 


Oh, wait, first I gotta tell you about it. See, when we moved here on the ranch our youngest baby was 27 days old. We had just spent the last two weeks traveling to and from her grandparents houses so they could meet her, while we waited for this place to be available to move in. We had just traveled roughly 2300 miles with a baby who wasn't even a month old yet. We also had with us the rest of our offspring and our old grumpy dog. We had just fetched all our stuff out of storage along with the cat. He was at a babysitter. So I wasn't really feeling the desire to go, well, anywhere. Luckily my dear sweet Adventure Man kept having to go to the state capital to be trained on this and that. So I would give him a list. And one of the first things he came home with, that wasn't on the list, was a lot of cornmeal. 



"Why did you buy so much cornmeal?"


"I like cornbread," he says. 


Oh. 


After 16 and a half years of marriage, I was just now figuring that out. So I googled "cornbread."



Corn Bread


This recipe is adapted from Better Homes And Garden www.bhg.com/recipes


Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Bake: 400°F 15 mins

Ingredients
        
         1 
cup all-purpose flour
         3/4
cup cornmeal
         1/4 cup sugar
         2 1/2
 teaspoons baking powder
         3/4
 teaspoon salt
         1 
tablespoon butter
         2 
eggs
         1 
cup milk
         1/4
cup oil or melted butter

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.

2.Add the 1-tablespoon butter to an 8x8x2-inch baking pan, a 9x1-1/2-inch round baking pan, or a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Place pan in oven about 3 minutes or until butter melts. Remove pan from oven; swirl butter to coat bottom and sides of pan.

3.Meanwhile, in a small bowl beat eggs with a fork; stir in milk and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture all at once; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Pour batter into the hot pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm.

I like to add more sugar. Or I replace it with honey. It all works out some how. 

Also, just for the record, the other googler's that are finding my blog were looking for:

Pooped in the car
young rednecks in wranglers

But can I say, it is amazing that not a one was looking for "Ranch Girls in Dirty Underwear!" Which is my most regular google search keyword! I think I just had a perv free week! 


1 comment:

  1. Kristen, Check "Mom's Home Cookin'" You had it all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, Y'all for sharing your thoughts! I'm love'n hear'n from ya!